Arc2Earth Data Services provides worldwide coverage for Google Maps directly in ArcMap. Printing and multiple projections are now supported.
Data Services integrates the Google Map API directly into the ArcGIS display pipeline as a full-featured raster layer. Usually the layer is added as a basemap where you can display your own data directly over the top of it. However, you can also use the Google Hybrid labels over the top of your ArcGIS layers to them more context. Please visit the FAQ for info on Data Services restrictions.
The previous version of Data Services provided beta access to some of the other Google Maps services like batch geocoding and the elevation services. We may add these back into the product in the future however, the vast majority of our users needed Data Services for the Google Map Services. For those using the Fusion Tables upload, please look at Arc2Earth Sync as an alternative.
Worldwide coverage for Google Maps directly in ArcMap
- Low cost, monthly or yearly subscriptions. Get started for as low as $49
- Earn free usage, get 1 free month for every friend or colleague you sign up
- Group discounts available
- Unlimited access to services (* some daily limits, see Google Maps TOS)
- Can be used on commercial and non-commercial projects
- Services can only be used from Arc2Earth
One click access to worldwide Google Streets, Satellite and Terrain Maps in ArcMap
- One click access to incredible background maps
- Street, Satellite, Hybrid, Hybrid Labels and Terrain Layer
- Future Google Earth Engine support is in development
- Multiple layers per map document. Layers are saved to the document and reloaded automatically.
- Supports all Data Frame Projections and Rotation
- One click Gray Scale for all layers.
- High Resolution Printing and Exporting (for internal or limited use documents, no mass production)
New Layer Engine Supports Layout View, Printing and Exports
The number one request for Data Services was Layout View and Printing support.
High Resolution Exports and Plotting
The new Data Services engine allows for much higher resolution for exports and printing. The image to the left shows the same extent map exported to a C-Size pdf file. One has the ArcGIS 10.0 Bing basemap and the other is Data Services with Google Imagery.
For the same extent, the pixel resolution in the Data Services export is almost double, resulting is much clearer prints.
Supports Multiple Projections
Simple Geocoding and Search
Search or Identify anywhere on the planet
- Search by any address or placename
- Custom Identify Tool – click anywhere on the map to find address and location information